The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, strength of character, financial need, a good academic record, commitment to pursue a college education, and a desire to contribute to society.
Follow the link below to the scholarship page. Everything must be done online,
ONE SCHOLARSHIP. ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES.
As one of the nation's largest need-based college scholarship programs in the country, the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs specifically assist high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. While many programs are directed primarily to recognizing academic achievement or leadership potential, the Horatio Alger Association seeks students who have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity, as well as have critical financial need.
To apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs,
- An online application at horatioalger.org
- One Support Form completed This must be completed by an adult over the age of 21 who is not related to the applicant and who is aware of the adversities mentioned in the application. This form must be filled out online. Faxes, emails, or letters will not be accepted.
- Online Certification Form. A login will be emailed to the applicant's
- High school transcript. Applicants should upload a transcript through the application. Transcripts must be submitted
- Income Verification. A copy of the first page of the applicant's parent(s) federal tax return (1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ or 1099 SSA-Social Security form) or tax transcript (request a tax transcript here irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript) from 2017 is needed in order to verify income stated on the application. If an applicant's parents were not required to file a tax return, include statement copies of any government benefits, such as Public Assistance or Disability payment documents. Income verifications may be uploaded online or sent by mail. Applicants of divorced or legally separated parents need to submit tax forms from both parents. No emails or faxes accepted.